Most people are able to continue with normal activities immediately after treatment. Some may have redness, pin prick marks, swelling, bruising – particularly with lip treatments. Any swelling and bruising may take 24 hours to come up and can last for up to 10 days.
- Make-up must not be worn for 24 hours following dermal filler treatments
- Avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 24 hours following treatment
- Do not place pressure on the treatment area for the first week following treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing, sunbeds, extremes of temperatures for 2 weeks following treatment. These activities can increase and prolong bruising and swelling.
- Swelling may worsen within the first 24 hours and can take one week to settle. Cold packs can be useful in reducing swelling. As a consequence of swelling the dermal filler product may feel harder and lumpy and you may notice asymmetry. The final result can be assessed 4 weeks after treatment.
- Bruising can take a few days to appear and can take 10 days to resolve. Arnica can be helpful at clearing bruising. Avoid Ibuprofen and alcohol for 24-48 hours following treatment to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Tenderness should settle within one month as swelling goes down and bruising heals.
- Avoid dental treatment for 4 weeks following dermal filler treatment.
- Do not have invasive laser or skin treatments in the same area as your dermal filler treatment for 4 weeks following treatment.
- It is important that you contact Face Hub Facial Aesthetic Clinic immediately if you experience intense pain, mottling(fishnet stocking pattern) or discolouration of the skin in the area or surrounding area of your dermal filler treatment immediately post or in the days post treatment. Face Hub Facial Aesthetic Clinic will inform your treating medical professional so that they can contact you, advise you and if necessary, arrange to see you again to address and resolve the issue.