How Practitioners Determine Skin Type
Obagi is known as one of the best skin care ranges in the world but yet it can’t be bought in regular retail shops. This is because the products can only be provided by licensed practitioners due to the formulas and ingredients in them. Most Obagi products must be prescribed by your practitioner and before this they need to determine your skin type to provide the correct products for you. A consultation with your Face Hub practitioner is the only way they can asses your skin type and concerns.
There are 5 typical factors that a practitioner will assess to determine your skin type. These factors are vital in choosing the right products that are proven to work on your skin. The five factors that are taken into consideration is the colour, thickness, oiliness, laxity and fragility.
- Skin Colour- The range in which skin colour is assessed is called the Fitzpatrick scale. This range goes from pale white skin which will always burn and will not tan to black skin which will not burn. There are various shades in between that may include skin that will tan etc.
- Skin Thickness- A practitioner will look at the function of depth of your skin. There are three main layers of skin called the epidermis, dermis and the subcutaneous. The layer on top of these is called the stratum corneum and consists of dead skin cells.
- Oiliness- The skin will be determined as normal, dry or oily depending on the amount of oil that is secreted in the skin and its fatty acid, lipids and ceramide levels.
- Laxity- This is how much the collagen and elastin has broken down under the skin as we age which can create a thinner dermis and a sagging appearance.
- Fragility- This is the skins reaction and tolerance to procedures and products.
When your practitioner has determined all of these skin factors, they will create a skin profile and treatment plan for your specific skin type. This will then help them provide you with a unique skin care routine that will help to give you the best results possible. There are a number of things that can affect our skin such as age, lifestyle, and sun exposure. There are many products on the market now that promise people the perfect skin but half of them are not even scientifically tested. This is why it is important to always consults with your practitioner so they can provide you with the right skin care products from Obagi which are clinically proven to work.
Book your free Face Hub consultation today at 01 5253888 or book online to find out your exact skin type and be provided with the Obagi skin care products that will have your skin looking healthy and beautiful!