Anti Wrinkle Injections: After Care Advice
- You may have some red bumps post treatment at the injection sites, these should resolve within a period of 1 hour.
- You must place no pressure on the treatment area for a period of 8 hours post treatment.
- You must stay upright for a period of 4 hours post treatment.
- Make-up must not be worn for a period of 24 hours post treatment in the treated area.
- Avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise and extreme temperatures for 24 hours post treatment.
- If a bruise does occur it may take a few days to appear and can take up to 10 days to resolve. Arnica can be helpful in clearing bruises. You must avoid Ibuprofen and alcohol for 24-48 hours post treatment as this can increase bruising.
- Your anti wrinkle injections will start to take effect within 1-3 days post treatment, visible results can be seen at day 7, full results can be seen at day 14.
- A feeling of heaviness in the area of treatment can be experienced in the first week post treatment, this is a result of your anti wrinkle injections taking effect and your muscles starting to relax.
- If this is your first anti wrinkle injection treatment you will be contacted for 2 weeks post treatment when the product has taken full effect to assess your treatment results, a small adjustment may be required at this stage if necessary to perfect results.
Anti Wrinkle Injections: Pre-Treatment Advice
- Please plan any social occasions around your injectable treatments, as redness, bruising and swelling can be experienced post treatment.
- Please let us know if you have any planned travel in the next 4 weeks.
- You cannot have injectable treatments if you are feeling at all unwell.
- Please ensure that you:
- Have no cold sores (if you are prone to cold sores please discuss with your treating Medical Professional)
- Are not pregnant/trying to get pregnant/not breastfeeding
- You must inform your treating Medical Professional about any medications or dietary supplements you are taking, some medications can adversely affect the way Botulinum Toxin Type A works and can increase your risk of bruising.
- You must refrain from taking any painkiller medication that contains ibuprofen(this only relates to any medication that is “not prescribed by a Doctor”). Ibuprofen may contribute to bruising and is best avoided for 7 days pre-treatment.
- You must refrain from taking alcohol and vitamin supplements including; St John’s Wort, Fish oils, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, Vitamins A-E, these may all contribute to bruising and are best avoided for 7 days pre-treatment.
- You must come with no makeup on the day of treatment, you must not reapply makeup for 24 hours in order to reduce the risk of infection or irritation at the injection site.
Get In Touch Now!
Face Hub Facial Aesthetic Clinic Provides Excellence In Facial Aesthetics.
Book Online For An Appointment Today
Book OnlineCALL NOW
Facial Aesthetic Treatments
Mon – Sun : 7.30am-10pm
Open 7 Days a week Open 365 Days a Year Open on Weekends
Face Hub Facial Aesthetics Clinic, Bayside Medical Centre, Bayside Shopping Centre, Sutton, Dublin 13, D13 WD51